My Body is a Cage

Peter Gabriel V by Volume Junkies
Here is a rough cut of the song that appeared (or was heard, rather) in the John Carter trailer. Peter Gabriel's interpretation of Arcade Fire's My Body is a Cage. This song seems like it could have been made for Mr. Gabriel. This version here is not a perfectly clean copy, but it definitely gives you an idea of how epic this song is. It is unknown if the song will be featured in the film or the soundtrack or if it just used here in the trailer. The song is featured on Gabriel's 2010 album Scratch My Back (track #7). Good stuff.




I fell in love with the song from stumbling across a fan made unofficial music video that featured footage from Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West to the original version of the song. In my opinion the video and song is absolutely perfect match. The long shots, the vocals, the organ, the drum. It all fits.

Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more